Side-event on Scaling up the advanced low carbon bioeconomy at the CEM8-MI2
Join the event
When: 8 June 2017 - 10H00AM - 12H00PM
Where: China National Convention Center, Beijing - China
- The event is open to all participants of the Eight Clean Energy Ministerial and the Second Mission Innovation Ministerial.
- Draft programme of the side-event is available here.
- Please, register to the side-event here.
- General registration guidelines to CEM8-MI2 meetings are provided by the organizers here.
- Information about logistics, including hotels, transportation, visas, can be found here.
- The side event aims to showcase to government officials, investors, industry representatives and academia the need to accelerate investments and increase international collaboration in the low carbon bioeconomy to respond to the needs of the fight against climate change.
- The event will highlight the recent contributions of Mission Innovation and the Biofuture Platform, as country-led multilateral initiatives, and of below50, a private-sector led initiative, to contribute to fulfill that need.
- A related goal is that government officials, experts and industry players have an opportunity to show current activities, research projects, policies, investment plans and promising new technologies to achieve performance breakthroughs and cost reductions for sustainable large scale production and utilization of advanced biofuels and biomass.
- The desired outcome is increased awareness among key policy makers and decision makers about the need to scale up the bioeconomy; the challenges ahead; the possible solutions; and how they could contribute both individually and as part of MI and Biofuture.
Join the event